- Raise Ciena’s profile through quality coverage in the business, IT trade and vertical press.
- Maintain a steady flow of PR activities and press articles in the core telecoms press.
- Align local PR with corporate campaigns and leverage centrally developed materials as much as possible.
- Create local story angles that appeal to the enterprise target audience.
- We came up with local headlines for a European survey campaign to increase the relevancy for Dutch reporters from general IT trade publications, vertical media and business press.
- We maximized leverage of Dutch projects and Ciena’s momentum in leading research and education (R&E) events including announcement on partnership with University of Amsterdam and TERENA conference.
- We developed and pushed talking points and content beyond the ‘traditional’ telecoms themes to address wider IT trends through leadership topics.
- 50% of press coverage appeared in IT, business and vertical publications
- Average number of articles per month increased by 50%.
- 24 pieces of articles published about the European survey including tier one publications Computable, AutomatiseringGids and Telecompaper.
- 18 articles, such as this one, appeared about Ciena’s leadership in the R&E sector.
- Other articles covered topics such as Security, SDN, Internet of Things, NaaS and Big Data.